Unified Data Model for Reefer Data Exchange
The COA’s Reefer Telematics Work Group has developed a Unified Data Model (UDM), to provide a single, global definition of data related to reefer containers – a ‘Reefer Data Classification Schema’.
The purpose of this Data Model is to enable the exchange of information on refrigerated containers in a uniform way – independent of the model and manufacturer. Data exchange by using the standard data model introduced in this document will provide refrigerated container operators (having mixed fleets of different reefer machinery) the convenience of accessing relevant data – without the complexity of accessing them with different formats and means.
To view the UDM – Click HERE
To view a recording of the webinar launching the document – Click HERE
The benefit for the shipping industry is a standard for reefer data exchange formats, thereby removing barriers and making it easier for data “consumers” to build value added services for reefer container operations. The end product will be a definition of ‘Reefer Data Classification Schema’ for reefer containers, with the benefits to owners as follows
- It means that the device is “decoupled” from the container investment
- Container owners can make independent decisions on devices
- Data that owners introduce into their systems will follow a common structure and rules
- Higher data integrity and compliance – regardless of device
- Standard data set and unified definitions/properties
- Removes barriers to develop app’s with 3rd party data
- Minimize impact on IT teams: single data model
Reefer Containers – Transition to Waterborne Coatings
Technical Guidelines Document providing details of the changes
The COA has published a Technical Guidelines Document (TG-07) for COA Members, providing information about the transition of coatings applied to reefer containers, commencing July 2021
This document provides a summary of the changes, together with information about the testing that has been undertaken by the IICL.
Download the document from the Resources section on the right.
- INTRODUCTION, Contamination of Refrigerated Container Systems Members only
- Non Operating Reefers Recommended Guidelines Members only
- Reefer Box Interior Corrosion Members only
- Guidelines for the Carriage of Cargo in Non-Operating Reefers Members only
- COA Reefer Coatings Technical Guidelines Summary Members only
- COA Reefer Coatings Technical Guidelines Detailed Members only
- COA Reefer Telematics UDM v1 June21
- News Release COA launches Universal Data Model for Reefer Container Interoperability